Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's been a while since I've been active in my Astrophotography, and thus, a while since I've updated my blog.  I'm in the middle of piecing a new setup together so I thought it would be a good idea to dust off the camera and make a few tests before all of the new components arrive.  I've made modifications to the camera and wanted to make sure it was still performing well.  I captured 3 hours of star motion near Polaris.  The attached image is only about 1 hour worth of data stacked so far, using 60 second exposures at ISO 200.  Nothing special here other than putting the camera on a tripod and letting it rip.  As soon as I process the rest of the data I'll update the image and include a Polar rotation video clip.

CLICK HERE for a larger format to see the stars in closer to the true pole than Polaris.

 

No comments: