Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Toy - NexImage 5 Planetary Cam

I haven't posted much recently due to fires, monsoon weather, and work.  This is dangerous for an Astrophotographer since it allows more idle time to window shop goodies online.  Well, that's what I did, and I bought a NexImage 5 as a result.  I don't usually do planetary/solar imaging as I prefer deep sky, but, it offers an opportunity for quick imaging sessions day, and night, and between clouds to fill the gap.  I had a lot of fun with my QHY-5 and sort of miss the occasional lunar session.  DSO imaging probably won't resume for me until September when monsoons break up so I figured I'd pass the time by changing gears.  Anyway, here's the pics for those who are curious.  If I get a break in the clouds this evening I will give it a first light run on Saturn.  It has a reasonably fast frame rate and seemingly decent acquisition software with lots of resolution, RIO, and gain settings from tinkering indoors, but we will see how it does in the field.




No comments: